Wednesday, December 19, 2007

No appointment yet. Thank you DHS at the US Embassy

We still don't have our appointment. I couldn't find anyone on all the message boards with an appointment issued today. I have read that for some reason the people at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) at the US Embassy are purposely delaying adoptions. Congresswoman Gillibrand spoke to them but didn't get much information. She did ask are they purposely holding this up so our I-171 expires? I don't believe she received an answer. I did read that many people are having the same problem as us-not that it makes any difference. Our government jerking around just one family is inexcusable. I hope to be able to post our appointment tomorrow, however we are going to work on our "new" homestudy tomorrow. I'm not certain, but we may need reference letters again. We really appreciate those who have helped us and those that we will need again.

No comments: