Friday, March 14, 2008

Great vacation in Florida

First morning in Florida Zoo

Proud great-grandmother
Sunset on the beach (Dillon is standing on Darr's feet)


We have returned home from our vacation in Florida. The flights were difficult with Dillon, but could have been so much worse. I have found if you let him dump food on the floor, on your feet, then let him down there, he will stay quite busy. Doing what? Who knows, who cares-he's quiet and happy. Hannah really enjoyed the flights. Well, the first 8 minutes. I don't think she remembered flying in 2005 to Disney. Chloe did well. I think. I apparently drew the shortest straw because I had Hannah and Dillon with me.
Once we got to Florida the vacation was great. Dillon was introduced to Darr's parents and grandmother whom we spent a lot of time with. We went to the zoo,non-heated pool, heated pool, hot tub and the beach. He of course was fine and continues to be a happy, easy going kid. However we discovered that Dillon's precious feet don't touch sand or grass!!! We will have to work on that this summer. I never would have guessed he'd be afraid. His feet have probably never touched the ground. Darr and I even got to go out to dinner one night without the kids. They all were very eager to have Gramie and Grampie babysit them.
Overall a great trip.

No comments: